Finding the right bra can be hard, especially when it comes to plunge bras. Plunge bras are a popular choice for many women because they provide a flattering shape and are perfect for low-cut necklines. However, with so many options available, it’s essential to know what to look for when shopping for the perfect plunge bra. In this ultimate plunge bra buying guide, we will explore everything you need to know to find your perfect fit.
Understanding The Plunge Bra
Before diving into the world of plunge bras, let’s understand what sets them apart from other bra styles. Plunge bras are characterised by their low centre gore, which creates a deep and narrow V-shaped neckline. This design makes them ideal for outfits with plunging necklines and open tops, as they allow you to show off some cleavage while providing support and lift.
Step 1: Know Your Size
The first and most crucial step in finding your best plunge bra is knowing your size. Numerous women wear the incorrect bra size without understanding it, which can cause discomfort and a look that doesn’t look good. To determine your size, you can visit a professional bra fitting specialist or measure yourself at home.
For a home measurement, all you need is a soft measuring tape and these easy steps:
- Measure Your Band Size: Stand in front of a mirror and measure snugly around your ribcage, just below your bust. Ensure the tape is parallel to the ground and not too tight or too loose. Round to the nearest whole number and add 4-5 inches if the measurement is even or 5-6 inches if it’s odd to find your band size.
- Measure Your Bust Size: Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust while keeping the tape parallel to the ground. Round to the nearest whole number.
- Calculate Your Cup Size: Subtract your band size from your bust size to determine your cup size. Each inch of difference corresponds to a cup size (e.g., 1 inch = A cup, 2 inches = B cup, and so on).
Now that you have your measurements, you can confidently shop for plunge bras that fit your unique body shape.
Step 2: Consider Your Needs
Plunge bras come in various styles and designs, each catering to different needs and preferences. Consider the following factors when choosing a plunge bra:
- Padding And Push-Ups: Plunge bras can come with varying levels of padding and push-ups to enhance your cleavage. Decide how much lift and padding you desire based on your outfit and personal preferences.
- Underwire Or Wireless: Some plunge bras have underwire for added support, while others are wireless for maximum comfort. Choose the type that suits your comfort and support needs.
- Material And Fabric: Consider the material of the bra, as some fabrics are more breathable and comfortable than others. Lace, satin, and cotton are common choices for plunge bras.
- Strap Style: Plunge bras come with various strap configurations, including traditional, convertible, and racerback. Pick the style that goes best with your outfit and gives you the most support.
Step 3: Try Before You Buy
Once you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s time to try on the plunge bras. Head to a lingerie store and spend some time in the fitting room to ensure the bra fits comfortably and offers the desired level of support. Here are some tips for a successful fitting:
Fasten the bra on the loosest hook when trying it on. Bras tend to stretch over time, so having room to tighten it later will extend its lifespan.
- Check For Proper Band Fit: The band should sit parallel to the ground and snugly against your ribcage without digging in or riding up.
- Assess The Cup Fit: The cups should encapsulate your breasts without any spillage or gaping. Your breasts should fill the cups fully, with no wrinkling or empty space.
- Test The Centre Gore: The centre gore of the plunge bra should sit flat against your chest without any gaping.
- Adjust The Straps: Ensure the straps are adjusted to a comfortable length that provides adequate support without digging into your shoulders.
Step 4: Consider Your Wardrobe
Finally, consider your wardrobe when selecting a plunge bra. Plunge bras are very useful because they can be worn with many different outfits. Make sure the bra you choose complements your low-cut necklines and outfits that require a bit of extra cleavage.
Finding the perfect plunge bra is a game-changer for your wardrobe, providing both style and support. By following this ultimate plunge bra buying guide, you can confidently select the right fit, style, and design to enhance your comfort and confidence while looking fabulous in your favourite low-cut outfits. Remember that knowing your size, considering your needs, trying before buying, and taking your wardrobe into account are essential steps in finding your perfect plunge bra. Happy bra shopping!